SINGU CHULI (Fluted Peak) PEAK OVERVIEW
Singu Chuli Peak climbing is not so much popular peak climbing destinations in the Annapurna region of Nepal because of this peak the technically and physically challenge climbing the peak. It stands at the height of 6,501 meters from sea level and lies in the Annapurna Sanctuary. This peak is also popular with the name of Fluted Peak.
The trail to Singu Chuli Peak climbing goes through the large rhododendron forest, rugged landscapes, terrace farming, and local settlements. The route passes through some of the attractive villages of Brahmin, Chhetri, Gurung, and Magar.
Lying to the south of Annapurna Base Camp, Singu Chuli Peak is a relatively Second highest peak of Trekking peaks list from NMA and technical trekking peak in Nepal. Reaching the top of the summit offers mountaineers with some of the breathtaking like mountain bowel surrounding 360*view of half of the Annapurna range. It will be fantastic of panoramic view below 8090 and 7000 m in the same smell valley of south Annapurna base came.
- Physical and technically challenge climbing Peak
- 360* mountain view from summit Hiunchuli (6441m), Annapurna South (7291m), Bharhashiker fang (7647m), Annapurna 1 (8090m), Glacier dom (7089m), Gangapurna (7454m), Annapurna 3 (7555m), Gandharva chuli (6248m), Machhapuchhre (Fishtail)−6997m
- The lifestyle, culture, tradition, and hospitality of local ethnic groups, especially Gurung.
- Beautiful and villages in the trekking
- Exotic floral and faunal diversity along the trekking trail. You will see Rhododendron, magnolia, pine, and oak forest along the trails.
- The lush forests, green hills, rugged landscapes.
- Natural diversity: Greenery, vegetation, and terraced farms alongside the trek route
first, the ascent of this peak was made in 1957 by Wilf Noyce and David Cox from North-East Face.
Note:- Our company will lead to this peak South-SouthWest face route. Because of the North-East side to reaching to singu chuli base camp difficult for all the expedition teams especially for the Nepali porter and kitchen crew team.
Things You Should Know?
- This is a high mountain peak. It demands excellent physical fitness and good health. To increase your chances of success, members should be in good physical condition. Have a good overall standard of fitness and experience in the high mountain. A fierce determination and a burning desire to climb the mountain are essential prerequisites for this expedition.
- This peak climbing requires the proper right equipment and good condition of climbing equipment. Please visit sidebar Colum Equipment list
- Previous Alpine climbing experience in your country mountains or somewhere snow cover mountain in the world
- Depending on group size if there is 1 to 3 person will do Alpine Climbing rope up system (no fix line rope) if more than 3 person in the group we do fix line rope system (Himalaya classic system}
- This is adventurous that consists of high altitude trek and climbing over 5000 meters for nearly more than a week. If you do not have previous experiences but still have no problem walking for 6-9 hours every day, then we are happy to take you on board.
- During the acclimatization day around base camp, we do Traning and practice of climbing technique
- If you are average fit then most of our treks are doable by you. If you are not sure whether you are fit or not then please consult our email address firstname.lastname@example.org / +977 9856008848 WhatsApp.
Basic technique skills alpine climbing require
- Rock and ice
- Rope knots (figure of eight, clove hitch, Italian hitch, prussic etc.)
- Using a climbing device (harness, carabineers, ice screw, ice-axe, belay device, jumper,
- Flat-footing system (walking) with crampon on ice and snow (up, down and traverses)
- Belaying technique
- Anchorage system
- Basic pully system
Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel B/B/3star
Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel B/B/3star
Drive to Metkyu and Trek to Chhomrong
Trek to Annapurna base camp via Machhapuchhre base camp
Trek to Singu Chuli Base Camp
Hike up to Singu Chuli High Camp and acclimatization process / Back to Base camp
Trek to Singu Chuli High Camp
Climbing period Mt. Singu Chuli 6,501m
Singu Chuli Base camp to Machhapuchre Base camp
Trek to Sinuwa village
Trek to Ghandruk village
Drive to Kathmandu
Leisure day in around kathmandu
Transfer to the international airport, Departure onward destination
Date and Cost
will update soon
What To Take
Equipment list for SINGU CHULI peak climbing
Climbing equipment for Chulu West peak climbing
Helmet, Harness, Ice-axe semi a normal one, Lock carabineers, Unlock carabineers, Quickdraw (2Pic), Tape sling (60cm and 120cm), Auxiliary cord (assistance rope) - 7mm (5mters), Cow’s tail personal safety cord, Belay device (eight, ATC guide or Reverso), Ascender (jumer), Micro Traxion (If you have),Ice screw (10cm and 12cm),Crampons (normal one)
Passport, Money, Credit Cards, Personal Travel Insurance, Passport size photos, Pen & dairy book, the Communication device (laptops, Tap or phone), Camera
Sunglass UV more than 500%,
Note: - if you have eyes problem please consult your doctor because of in Nepal High Mountain has dry air and in the city so much dust
Sunblock cream SPF 25 to 50 (small tube), Lip balm SPF 10 to 15
Note:-depending your skin, please consult your doctor (as our experience some of my clients get allergy from sunblock cream)
Day backpack (15 ltr to 20 ltr), Duct tape (few meters –you can roll-on water bottle or trekking pole), Portable solar charger, Backup power bank, Bathing Suit: Towel, Toothpaste, and brush, floss, mini hairbrush, razor, soap, a mini bottle of shampoo, travel mirror, nail clippers, etc and rain cover
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where and How do I get a Visa for Nepal?
As soon as you arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport, you will get a visa on arrival.
- 15 days of Tourist Visa costs USD 30$.
- 30 days Tourist Visa costs USD 50$
- 90 days of Tourist Visa costs USD 125$.
For South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, gratis visa for 30 days is available for the first visit in one visa year.
Nepal Visa For Indian Nationals
Indian Tourist does not require a visa to enter in Nepal. To know more visit: Nepal Immigration
What do I Need to Get Nepal Visa?
- Two Passport-sized photos with a light background.
- Bring Cash USD to get the visa fee.
- Your passport must valid for at least 6 months.
What type of Accommodation Do I Get at SINGU CHULI Peak Climbing?
At City: Kathmandu/ pokhara
- Hotel / Resorts ( one room for two people)
- Note: if you need a single room, email us at email@example.com
- For Single Room, we charge a single supplement.
· Eco Lodges ( a small house with few rooms at remote areas)
- Tented Camp (minimum 2 people in one tent)
- Infinity adventure Nepal provides you v25 model mountaineering Dome Tent.
- For Single Tent, we charge a single supplement.
Does Climbing Guide Need for SINGU CHULI Peak Climbing?
Yes, Climbing Guide is very essential for SINGU CHULI Peak Climbing because it is not just for being a bit technical, but also due to several reasons like:
- Climbing Rules and Regulations of Nepal Government.
- Provide Climbing Training Before Any Climbing
- Guide Route, Fix Ropes or alpine-style climbing in small group
- Sound Altitude Experience
- Personal Care and Safety, Medical Care
- Crossing Glacier or Ridges (Crevasses Fields) with Ladder
- Help for Using all mountaineering gears and equipment, use of Oxygen, high altitude food
- Provide high mountain rescue techniques at an avalanche.
- Mountain weather forecast
- Speak Fluently English
Is this peak suitable for beginners who doesn't have previous climbing experience?
It is not a suitable peak for a beginner but you will get two days of advanced climbing training Base Camp then you are allowed to climb. For the beginner please have two more days than our mentioned itinerary. Please inform us as early as possible about the training.
How busy is this Peak?
Comparatively, this peak is not so much a popular peak but it's a very good challenging and technically climbing peak among the mountaineers. It has less human traffic as compared to other peaks. You will rarely meet more than 10 people during your climbing trip.
Which season is the best to summit this peak?
In our vast experience in this field, we recommend a month because our geography and our weather format
West region – mid-April, May, mid-September, October, November and till mid-December
East region – April, May, October, November and till mid-December
The trekking and climbing routes are open throughout the four-season although there will be the problems of weather conditions and other circumstances in some season.
Do I need to bring all the climbing gear and equipment personally?
Most of the climbers use their own climbing gear and equipment so it's better if you have your own. Even if you don't have personal gears and equipment you can rent or buy in Kathmandu.
Note: alpine boot and crampon must be a good size and good condition. Better to bring and have your own. Other related climbing gear you can rent in Kathmandu.
How much weight a porter can carry?
Depending upon the steep hills, slopes, and difficulties and high altitude of the trail one porter can carry 25 to 30 kilograms of weight.
Usually, we provide one porter for one client.
But, We will also provide porter according to the size of your group if needed.
Will my guide be experienced and certified?
We have very experienced guides who highly trained and experienced, have climbed over 6000m to 8000m peaks as well as and have guides experienced for at least 5 years to 18 years. All our guides are certified from IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guides, Nepal Mountaineering Association mountaineering Guide, and trekking guides Ministry of Tourism licensed by Nepal Government.
Can we do this climbing peak with kids?
We take bookings for this peak trip for people over 16 years old.
What is the tipping ratio? Do I have to pay the tip for climbing guides and porters? If yes, how much?
In Nepal cultural wise, the tip is expected by the climbing guides and the porters. There no actual ratio for tipping, however some pay as summit bonus to the guides and porters. We do not have a summit bonus facility so you could give tips according to your satisfaction with the guides and porters. Normally, the climbing guides get USD $200 while porter gets USD $100 each.
Do I need to carry Oxygen cylinder and Gamow Bag (PAC)?
Normally, you don't need to carry an oxygen cylinder and Gamow bag as SINGU CHULI Peak Climbing. In case of your requirements or your health issue, the staff of our company IANEPAL will provide you in case of an emergency.
Trek cost includes / excludes
Documentation: - Climbing permit, national park fees, coordination with relevant government office. All government taxes are included in the price
Accommodation: - 3-night hotel in Kathmandu 3* Hotel, lodge during trekking and best camping tented at base camp full setup, and one sleeping tent v25 model searing base 2 people base camp
Food: - full board meal during the trek best available hotel/lodges or tea house and climbing
Transport: - Tourist bus or private vehicle Pokhara and Bensishar, international airport arrival & departure, all land transportation around cities with a private vehicle, Helicopter evacuation for Nepali team, Porter or yaks for this trekking
Communication: - Sat phone with a normal charge for use, Walkie-talkies for mountaineering team, weather report
Expedition team: - IFMGA Mountain Guide and climbing Sherpas, cook and kitchen boy at base camp and Government Liaison Officer. Equipment allowances & wages for the Nepali expedition team.
Safety equipment: - First aid kit, Oxy meter and common climbing equipment in group.
Whats not included
- PERSONAL equipment for climbing & trekking
- Personal & medical Insurance of expedition
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed
- Personal expenses
- Bar Bills & beverage
- Tips for all group member
- Insurance of member
- Visa & visa extension fees
- Cost of emergency evacuation
- Summit bonus of Climbing Sherpa
- walkie talkie radio set
- sat phone
- Other charges at lodges/tea houses such as showers, internet access or battery re-charging, hot water, extra hot drink.
Cancellation, inclusions and Policies
will update soon
RISK AND LIABILITY
IANEPAL will make every effort to ensure that your Expedition be smooth and as pleasant as possible. However, please be reminded that all programs in Nepal are strictly conducted under the rules and regulations of the Nepal Government and Tourism Bureau. Therefore, we shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstances to Government restrictions, landslides, road blockages, flooding, snowfall, political disturbances, illnesses or accidents. Any additional costs that are a result of such circumstances will be borne by you at the very spot.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully and adequately insured for the duration of your trip. Please ensure that all activities, excursions, and destinations in your itinerary are included in your insurance policy, We advise to valuable clients to have full insurance against Medical, Evacuation, Trip cancellation, lost or damaged baggage, Air delays, etc. for this peak climbing, you must be covered up to 6000m altitude.
Please take a copy of your insurance policy to the pre-trip briefing, as the guide, will need to collect your insurance details. We also ask that you keep a copy of your policy summary (containing policy number and emergency contact number for you insure) in your daysack at all the time, so that we can access the information should wee need to contact the insured on your behalf.
HIGH ALTITUDE SICKNESS
High-altitude illness is due to a decrease in oxygen at high altitude.
Atmospheric pressure decrease as altitude increases but the percentage of oxygen in the air remains constant; as a result, the partial pressure of oxygen decreases with altitude and is at 5500m (18000 feet) is about ½ of that at the sea level.
High-altitude illness is seen in people in people who have recently arrived at high altitude or have just gained altitude, and may start any time from few hours to a few days after ascending. High altitude is arbitrarily defined as altitudes higher than 3.000 m (10.000 ft). people with heart and hung decreases may have difficulty at lower altitudes and, rarely, a healthy, a healthy person will develop altitude illness at as low as 2500 m (8.200 ft).... READ MORE
Pokhara is a metropolitan city in the Western region of Nepal. It is a valley cradled amongst mountains and hills with meandering rivers. It is a major tourist destination due to its panoramic views. Once you enter the vicinity of this city, you are greeted with magnificent views of the mountains and Mt. Fishtail (6993m). The Dhaulagiri range and Annapurna range tower majestically over the green valley. For someone who has been living in Kathmandu for years, the greenery of this city always takes me by surprise.
View from Fewa Lake, Pokhara
Pokhara is the city of lakes. There are several lakes in Pokhara and the prominent ones are Fewa Lake, Rupa Lake, and Begnas Lake. Among these lakes, Fewa Lake is by far the most beautiful lake. Nestled on a little island on Fewa Lake is the Barahi Temple. For a small charge, you can go on a boat ride on this lake. The sunlight reflects on the lake and glitters and the mountains smile upon us in the reflection.
You can walk on the Lakeside enjoying the sight which is an incredible experience. I regret the fact that when I was a resident here in Pokhara I overlooked its charms. Lakeside is even prettier in the late evenings, under the soft glow of lamp posts hung upon the creatively built restaurants and shops. You can dine here while enjoying the live entertainments. Other attractions of Pokhara are Davis’ Fall which is a beautiful waterfall, International Mountain Museum, and World Peace Pagoda. Then there is Sarangkot which is a towering hill that offers a magnificent view of Pokhara from its hilltop and you can do many sports adventures paragliding, cycling, boating, Zip Flyer, bungee jump, Ultra Light Flight and Annapurna Base camp Heli tour.